Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Disclipline

My whole life I have hated discipline, but it is necessary to succeeding in the classroom as well as the football field. As a football coach, I have to be a disciplinarian. If I am not then the kids will run all over me. When I was in high school, I got into trouble all of the time. I never had a real authority figure in my life to teach me right from wrong. I never had consequences. I believe if I had consequences for my actions then I might not be a 30 year old junior at the University of South Alabama. I believe that I would have been done with school a long time ago. Hopefully, as a coach and a teacher I might be able to help my students not make the same mistakes as I did. There are consequences for everything. If a player of mine is not doing good in school, or talking in class, he knows that when I find out that he will be running for hours. This does not work for every child. Sometimes, the punishment might be sitting out of practice or even the game. We all need discipline! Even I still need discipline. I believe if a child has consequences for their actions, then they are more likely to succeed in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment