Saturday, November 28, 2009

DREAMS!

When I was a child I had so many dreams and goals. As a coach and teacher I want to encourage my players and students to do whatever they can to reach their goals and dreams. I always had a coach or a teacher tell me that my dreams were unrealistic. I even had a counselor in high school tell me that I would not amount to anything ,and she told my parents that they should not waste their money by sending me to college. She was right for twelve years of my life. When I graduated from high school I was not ready for college, and I also quit dreaming and going for my goals. I let a counselor and old coaches determine my outcome. I have had some time to grow as a person and finally realized that I can do anything that I put my heart to. I decided to go back to school and reach my dream of being a teacher and a coach. I am now doing both. Thanks to GOD!!! I will teach my players to have goals for their whole life. If they want to professional football players, then it is my job to help them reach their potential. If the goal of the student is to attend an Ivy league school, then it is my job to help them reach their goal. The children our are future. I do not mean to sound like the song. We need to build our student's up to be something in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment