Saturday, November 28, 2009

Education

As a football coach, it is my job and duty to make sure that every kid that I coach succeeds academically. This does not mean that they will be allowed to cheat or that I will try to get their grades changed. As a high school football coach, it is my responsibility to get to know the teachers and to check on my players grades regularly. If they are struggling in a subject, then I need to set up a time for the student and teacher to meet. I could even tutor him or her myself. I will have a study hall for my students after practice. If they are falling behind then they will have to miss practice and possibly a game to make up their work. This goes right along with the discipline of the student. I will teach each of my players what it takes to be responsible on and off the field. Education comes first, no matter what. If the student cannot succeed in the classroom, then they do not need to play sports. After my sports career was over, I had to make a few mistakes before I realized that education was very important. Education comes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment